Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Been in Idaho for awhile

Yesterday it snowed. It wasn't tons, by any means, but enough to play in . . .or to shovel depending on who you are. Jaxon was looking out the window yesterday morning and sighed forlornly and said, "Mom, I miss my green grass." Truly his mother's boy. He was also all sorts of concerned that the snow would cover up all the neighbors pretty Christmas lights. He was pleased to see that the Christmas lights were not harmed by the white stuff.
Despite the fact that I hate driving on icy roads, I am sorta glad that we have snow. It just kinda adds to the whole ambiance of the Christmas season. Way to go Universe, you win, I am now a true Idahoan.

The snow from our back deck. No need to just dream of a white Christmas 'round here.

Although Jaxon missed our green grass, he still liked playing in the snow.

Jaxon begged and cried to shovel the snow. May he always have that attitude.

Last night we made a gingerbread house for our Family Home Evening activity. Jaxon absolutely had a blast and every time he sees it, he says "I just love my gingerbread man house!"
Sammi was really tired when we were making our gingerbread house, so she just enjoyed a nice healthy beater covered with icing. I'm a really health conscience mom.

6 comments:

Ben said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney said...

Look at you Sarah..bring on the snow :) Love the gingerbread house -and Jaxon's cute smile! We did our house last night too. What's Christmas without the gingerbread house?!! LOVE the pic of Sam - She's just like her mommy....

Katie said...

What funny kids! I am so excited to see you guys next week. Hooray for Christmas vacation! I can't believe Idaho finally got to you?!?!? Maybe some time in Cali will help resolve that. No need to pack any super heavy winter gear! Compared to what you guys are used to...all you need to pack are you swim suits! See you soon.

Amber said...

Hey! I had no idea your blog existed until I was your christmas card,which, by the way is so dang cute! What a cute blog you have! Now I can see what is going on on your side of the world (a.k.a East Rigby.) I will keep you posted on my side of the world (a.k.a West Rigby) HEE HEE. Have a blast in California,I am jealous!

Kalene said...

Thank you for the Christmas card! You have such an adorable family. I love your blog too. As does everyone, I think the boat races on Thanksgiving are awesome. You guys have a great sense of humor and fun.
Sorry you have had to be away from your family so much Riley. I know how you feel Sarah. It gets kinda lonely.
Merry Christmas!

Shad and Brittany said...

Merry Christmas!! We just got tonz of that white stuff too!! Isn't it great?? (add a little sarcasm here). We got your Christmas card! It was totally cute!
Later
Bert