Thursday, January 15, 2009

I sure laugh a lot

My kids are the greatest. They make me smile and out-right laugh a ton every day.
Today as I was reading to Jaxon, I glanced down at him and saw some dead skin on his face. So, being a mom, I picked it off. Jaxon was somewhat mortified by my actions and said, "Mom, please don't do that! That's how Heavenly Father made my face, don't scrap it off!" I apologized, of course, and then I laughed.

And then there is Sammi. The cutest little girl that I've ever known, though I am quite partial. She is such a little toddler now. I've never had a toddler in the sense that the child actually toddles around. Jaxon was a sprinter from the get-go. Sammi, now she's different. She toddles and it is so cute to see those little pigtails bouncing around as she walks. She's starting to say more things now. Like Mom, Dad, Jaxon, car, horsey, ball, thank you, no, book, Jesus. Well, variations of such words that I understand at least. She also nods her little head when she wants something and shakes her head and says "eh uh" when she doesn't want something. It's really quite cute and it's nice because we can actually communicate a little more clearer. The other day I was sitting on the ground and she comes toddling up to me with a little book and grunts which basically mean, "please read this to me." Well, I was talking to Riley, so I just put her on my lap. She was not impressed, the woman wanted to be read to. So she put the book in my hand and said, "tane tue" (which means thank you). I think she figured if she said thank you in advance, then I would HAVE to actually do something worth thanking. That's one smart cookie. Kids - totally worth having!

7 comments:

Tanis said...

your kids sure are cute! I cant wait until Melia toddles around saying tane tue in advance for things :)

Stacey Jensen said...

Seriously I laughed hysterically when I read this.

Katie said...

What a perfectly hilarious couple of kiddos you've got there. Jaxon cracks me up....and his face is perfect by the way. I wouldn't change a thing. You're just going to have to be way more sneaky next time you want to scrape some skin off.

Paula said...

Jaxon definitely has his parents' sense of humor. He is proof that sense of humor and quick wit are genetic! You're not partial ... Sammi is just that cute!

McKenzie said...

They sure are cute! I made the mistake of reading this with Liam on my lap, and it took me a while to read because we had to keep going back to the top to look at the pictures of "Sarurh!" Such funny kids!

Whitney said...

Seriously, they are soo worth having! Even on the tough days they somehow are able to make you laugh :) Your kids are dang cute, Sarah! And I love Sammi's little pigtails. Jaxon sounds like a character - just like his mommy :)

Mike and Jackie said...

I laughed so hard when I read this. Sounds like your kids have got your sense of humor. And ps they are so dang cute!