Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Vacation!

So our big family summer vacation this year consisted of us going down to Provo with Riley (he had to go to BYU for work) for a couple of days, overnight really. We left early on Wednesday morning and came home late Thursday night. The highlight for the kids was getting to stay in a hotel and go swimming. That night as we were trying to put the kids down to sleep this is what I heard:
Sammi - (grunting unhappily all the while) Mommy?
Jaxon - Sammi, are you nervous?
Sammi - (still grunting) Mommy?
Jaxon - It's okay Sammi, they are just right over there.
Sammi - Mommy?
Jaxon - Do you want me to tell you a story?
Sammi - Uh huh
Jaxon - Ok, once upon a time.............once upon a time..........
It was about then that they started whacking eachother with pillows and laughing hysterically. It was then my job to somehow stop laughing and discipline. They eventually went to sleep even though Jaxon was way offended when Sammi knocked off before him and he tried to wake her up.
I think the all around favorite was going to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Pointe. That is seriously such a fun place, there was tons that I wanted to do, but we only had time for one, so the dinosaur museum won out. We were not dissappointed. If you can go, I totally recommend it!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I love the Dinosaur Museum. When we lived in Provo, I used to nanny these two kids and the parents got a family pass...for me and the two boys. Crazy right? Well, I used to take them all the time and it was fabulous! Glad you had fun on your vacation!

McKenzie said...

What a fun get-away! I'm glad they liked the museum and I love the picture of Jaxon sitting on the dinosaur with a slightly worried expression. Haha!

Whitney said...

It looks like you guys had a great family vacation. I love the museum pics - so adorable! It was great seeing you guys! Thanks for making time to get together. We had a blast and Lydia's still talking about Jaxon and Sammi.

Stephanie said...

Way fun! It is always good to get away. Jaxon is hilarious, I love reading what he says. It just makes me laugh.