Sunday, November 9, 2008

Getaway w/o the kids, this brought to you by grandma and grandpa!

Hooray! Riley and I were able to go down to Utah overnight just the two of us. It was really nice and the first time that we have been able to get away like this since before I was pregnant with Jaxon. Don't get me wrong, we've ditched the kids before this, but it seems like whenever we did have the chance to get away I was pregnant (so really we still had a child with us, doesn't count.) So thanks to grandma and grandpa for looking after the kids and making our trip possible. Riley was able to score us some tickets to the BYU vs. San Diego State football game through work. Yah, BYU slaughtered them. But are we really surprised? It was a good time, the place was packed, but I took pictures at half time, so that's why you see some empty seats. I thought of my brother-in-law, Mark, a lot. I would some day like to go to a football game with Katie and Mark, it would be crazy fun. A bigger BYU cougar fan than Mark I have yet to meet. Here's us, kid less and enjoying the sunshine. It was such a perfect day! We even got a little burned. I called it "our last love affair with the sun this year". A burn is a fitting way to end it.This one's for you, Mark and Cole (another brother-in-law BYU fan), wish you would've been there with us!

Oh yah, I have to put these pictures of the kids in their church duds. They are just so dang cute, so I must show off.

4 comments:

Katie said...

We are so jealous! We so wish we could have been there with you guys...such a fun game, huh. Looked for you on tv, but unfortunately we never saw you guys. What gives?!? So, we should totally try and go to a game together next year. That would be the best! Mark would love any chance to get away and go to a game. Love the pictures of the kiddos. Man, they are so darn cute. They must take after their FAVORITE AUNT KATIE!!!

Whitney said...

YAY for get-a-ways!! Something that I need about now :) I'm glad you had such a great time at the game and soaking up the sun - nothing gets better than that:) And yes, your kids are dang cute, and we like to see pictures of them too! I can't believe how much Sam looks like you...

Shad and Brittany said...

I love get aways! Gotta thank Grandma and Grandpa! Your kids are adorable by the way!

BERT

Stephanie said...

Fun getaway for you guys. I am glad that you had such an enjoyable time down in Utah. Kevin would have enjoyed the game as well. You two little ones all dressed up are just darling. Jaxon looks so handsome and Sammi is just a little doll.