Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sharing, Snow, and Scary Books

Sharing: As Saturday was Valentines day Riley and I thought we would celebrate in the traditional way that most people do - we took our kids and cleaned the church! Jaxon loved that carpet sweeper and I have now vowed to be much more careful with my church snacks as I had to vacuum about a million pounds of cheerio crumbs out of the pews. Jaxon, Sammi, and I all made Riley a card with a bunch of pictures on it that said, "I love Daddy, he loves me...we are a happy family!" Jaxon had a blast making it and was very proud of his work. We gave it to him Friday night. Saturday morning came and Riley and I wake up to Jaxon singing "I love Daddy, he loves me. We are a happy family!" Then he comes in on our bed and said "I was singing what was on Daddy's card!" We sure love him! He was all about making Valentines, he even shared a Valentine's day sucker with "Sweetie" (what he always calls Sammi).Snow:Riley had Presidents Day off so we went to his parents house and took advantage of their snow mobile. It was tons of fun! I loved it, Jaxon loved it - Sammi hated and then tolerated it. We also played around in the snow and pulled them on a sled. We even said hello to the horses and calfs. Now that Sammi liked.

It snowed again this morning and our driveway had a bunch of snow on it, so I bundled up the kids (which takes a while!) and took them outside with me to play while I shoveled snow. I had to hurry and get on the ball with shoveling my snow because if I let any snow sit in my driveway much past 10:30am, my wonderful neighbors will come and dig us out. We have such amazing people surrounding us! Anyway, we all played together for a little while before I got to work. Sammi decided that she actually does like the snow and to go down little hills in the sled. While I was shoveling some snow the kids were sitting together in a snow bank and throwing snow at each other. Jaxon is a great older brother and kindly threw snowball after snowball into Sammi's face; Sammi is a great younger sister and laughed hysterically each time he did.
Yummy snow!
Sammi getting ready to go down the little hill. I'm about to get a snowball from Jaxon.
Smiles in the snow.

Scary Books: Another random thing that I think is hilarious. Jaxon is in the phase where he loves "scary" books. Whenever we read one he half-way covers his eyes as protection. I think it's so funny

5 comments:

McKenzie said...

I'm with Jaxon, cover your eyes for the scary parts! It looks like you have had lots of fun in the snow! They better enjoy, because spring will be here soon...I hope! :)

Whitney said...

What a fun weekend! I hear ya about having to clean the church. Sometimes there seems to be enough cheerios everywhere to fill a whole box:) As for the snow - you gotta make the most of it when it's around, right? Love the pics. So cute! Lydia does the same things with her books (even though they're not scary:))

Katie said...

I totally know what to get Jaxon for his birthday! Dibs on that gift! Anyways...love the pictures. Snowmobiling sounded way fun. Almost as fun as all the packing we've been doing here. I love that Jaxon covers his eyes for the scary parts. What a funny kid!

Stephanie said...

That was such a great thing to do on Valentines Day. And Jaxon is so sweet. I forget that you guys still have that much snow. Snow mobiling would be fun, but maybe Sammi will be more of a sun girl. Love all the pictures, they are just too cute.

Paula said...

I love that Jaxon calls Sammie Sweetie. You're such a cute family!