Friday, February 27, 2009

Bye Bye Binki, parting will be such sweet sorrow


Well, it's time for me to buckle down and be tough. Sammi is now 16 months and it's time to throw that binki in the trash.

Jaxon was a dream. I just decided one day that I would try putting him down for a nap without his binki just to see what would happen. Well, nothing happened, and that was that. I have a feeling that it will be not so with dear Samantha. She seems to be rather attached to the sucker. Mostly she just has it at nap time and when she goes to bed for the night. But oh it's nice to have when she seems to be inconsolable, because she just calms right down. I do let her have her binki when we are at church - just to keep her quiet, she can be a chatter box if she's feeling like it. And I also let her have her binki whenever she wants it if we are at someone else's house just so I can enjoy myself a little more. I'm weak, what can I say.

Sammi really is a great little girl and a really easy keeper so far and I would like to keep it that way if at all possible. So I ask for your help! If you have any suggestions of what the heck to do to easily get rid of such a habit, please, PLEASE, give me your ideas! I welcome them all!

Sammi is now desperately trying to type as I do, I think it's a plea for you all to keep your mouths shut and to tell me to let her keep the bink. Don't let her win - we must prevail!

4 comments:

Shad and Brittany said...

You can try cutting just a little off the tip every few days. I did that for Brooklyn and we decided her binkie was "broken" so she threw it away. There were still a few tears at bed and nap time for a couple days.

Katie said...

Good luck with the binkie. I don't really have any good advice for you...Mark had already been weined off his by the time we got married. Good thing!

Ben said...

I've heard that cutting the binki works as well. We didn't have to do that with Lydia, so I don't have first-hand experience with it (she was more like Jaxon) but I have heard it works! Good luck -stuff like that is NO FUN!! Good thing she's so cute and has such a great Mommy!

Ben said...

That was whit :)