Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy, happy birthday Sammi, dear!




Our little Sammi was ecstatic to celebrate her birthday. She proved that she was quite grown-up by keeping the bike that she helped me pick out for Jaxon and that was hiding in the back with a sheet over it when we picked the kids up for carpool a complete secret. She is awesome! Sammi is quite the girly girl so we spent her birthday morning doing exactly what she wanted to do - nails, hair, and coloring pictures of Rapunzel. She has been obsessed with Rapunzel lately even though we don't have the movie and she has only seen it a couple of times thanks to grandma. She wants to grow her hair out long like Rapunzel and is quite pleased with her progress. It's clear to her waist at the longest part when it's straight. Sammi wanted a Rapunzel cake and since I'm a little over making the whole barbie cake
(although I got quite good at them after doing it two years in a row), we did Rapunzel's tower as her cake. That sucker was tall! And miracles of miracles, it all stayed in tact! Whew! Sammi's birthday was actually quite a busy day as I was also trying to prepare some stuff for Jaxon's class Halloween party the next day, so I was more than happy to make her dinner request. Sammi's birthday meal was mac n' cheese. Bless you child. Just what a busy mom wanted to hear. Even though it was no surprise because she asks for it every night. Sammi is such a funny little girl. She is always making us laugh with her little comments and gestures. I think my favorite quote from her so far has been when we where having family home evening and she tried to whisper this observation to me as to not hurt our dad's feelings, "Daddy has the priesthood...he can't walk on water!". She is a very sweet girl and is just beautiful. She is going to make a great mom judging my the way that she mothers her dolls. We love her so much and are so grateful that she's a part of our family!

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Amazing job on the cake, my friend! I'm super impressed! Sammi is such a beautiful little girl - you're going to have a tough time keeping those boys away when she's older :) Happy Birthday, Sammi!

Bri said...

So this whole time I thought you were in my reader...and you weren't...so now I have a TON of catching up to do!! Sammi really is gorgeous! I hope she had a great birthday!!

Katie said...

You guys sure know how to throw a rad birthday party! I'm pretty sure Sammi is the cutest 4 year old I know!

Stephanie said...

Sarah you are amazing! I love her cake! What a great birthday! And her hair is beautiful as is she. Rapunzel is a hit in our house too.